Emerging from Australia and making waves in the world of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), Craig Jones has rapidly become a name that resonates within the martial arts community. Trained by the well-regarded Lachlan Giles, Jones stands out at Absolute MMA Academy where his journey to black belt has been marked by a series of impressive victories. His performance in 2017, particularly, caught the attention of enthusiasts and professionals alike, signaling a noteworthy presence in the competitive scene.
Jones is not just another competitor; his specialty lies in effective lower body attacks that have become somewhat of a signature approach. Alongside his technical prowess on the mat, his ability to maintain a level-headed composure under pressure makes him a formidable opponent. This combination of attributes has roots tracing back to his earlier accomplishments, such as conquering the No-Gi Worlds as a purple belt in 2015, hinting at his potential for greatness long before his breakout success.
Craig Jones' Distinct Achievements
- 2015: Conquered IBJJF World No-Gi Championships at purple belt.
- 2014: Dominated as AFBJJ Pan Pacific champion in both his weight class and the absolute division at purple belt.
- Notable EBI 11 Invitational performance, reaching the absolute final.
- Achieved a bronze medal at the UAEJJF Abu Dhabi Pro as a brown belt.
- Became a consistent competitor in EBI tournaments.
- Participated and showcased skills in the ADCC, the apex of grappling competitions.
- Triumphant in winning ADCC Trials three times, earning his spot among the elite.
Craig Jones' Current Age
- Date of Birth: July 17, 1991
- Current Age (as of 2023): 32 years old
At 32, Craig Jones stands at a pivotal point in his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu career. His age reflects not just his lifespan but the breadth of his expertise and the depth of his tactical knowledge. Bridging the gap between youthful vigor and seasoned proficiency, he continues to be a strong presence in the BJJ community.
Far from reaching his peak, Jones exemplifies a blend of vitality and battle-hardened skill. Each competition and training session sees him pushing boundaries, innovating, and reigniting the flame for BJJ enthusiasts worldwide. As he navigates his thirties, the BJJ circles expect an influx of creativity and resilience from this Australian grappler.
Craig Jones: Bridging BJJ and MMA
While Craig Jones isn't seen competing in the MMA ring, his impact on the sport is significant. His expertise in no-gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, especially his notorious leg attacks, has proven to be a formidable addition to the arsenal of many MMA fighters. Jones's approaches to submission grappling inject a strategic depth into MMA's groundwork.
Craig's collaboration with elite competitors was highlighted during "The Return of The Ultimate Fighter: Team Volkanovski vs. Team Ortega," where the importance of ground strategy was evident. Jones continues to shape the ground game of MMA without donning the gloves himself.
Craig Jones' Track Record in Grappling
Craig Jones, the Australian grappling sensation, made waves when he triumphed at the 2015 ADCC Asia & Oceania Trials. He continued to demonstrate his mastery by taking home the gold at the 2017 IBJJF Pan Pacific Championship. Jones' standout moment came during the 2017 ADCC World Championships where he beat seasoned fighters including Leandro Lo and Murilo Santana, securing a spot in the semi-finals.
Craig Jones: A Remarkable Odyssey at the ADCC
Since bursting onto the global grappling stage, Craig Jones has become a standout athlete within the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship circuit. Craig's rise to prominence was accelerated during the 2017 championship where he emerged from the shadows and became a grappling icon by toppling established competitors such as Leandro Lo and Murilo Santana with his precise leg locks and compelling submission strategies.
By 2019, the Australian grappling maestro continued to impress fans and experts alike, securing a bronze medal in the under 88 kg division. His consistent showings at the ADCC have solidified his status as one of the most thrilling and formidable submission specialists in the sport.
Craig Jones' innovative approach, specifically his signature leglock game, combined with his dynamic grappling style, promises an electrifying spectacle for spectators each time he competes. As we approach the next ADCC championship, the anticipation for Craig's participation grows, with many predicting further standout performances from this formidable athlete. His relentless spirit and commitment to the sport make him a competitor worth watching.
Craig Jones: BJJ's Contemporary Icon
Australian grappler Craig Jones has emerged as a transforming figure in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ). Known for his aggressive approach to submissions and pioneering work in leg locks, he gained widespread recognition during the 2017 ADCC Championship.
- Home City: Adelaide, Australia
- Global Impact: Changed the game with innovative leg lock techniques
- Notable Achievement: Breakthrough at 2017 ADCC Championship
Jones has not only excelled in competition but also plays a crucial role in the advancement of BJJ. He commits to the education and development of future martial artists. Embracing behavioral science principles, he shapes his coaching methods to optimize learning.
His legacy is tightly linked to the growth trajectory of BJJ, building upon the foundations laid by esteemed predecessors such as Carlos Gracie and influential coaches like John Will. As a regular feature in platforms like Grappling Insider, he represents the persistent dedication and inventive spirit synonymous with martial arts excellence.
The Rise of Craig Jones in Competitive Grappling
- Origin: Australian
- Specialty: Leg attacks in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Impact: Transformed leg locking techniques
- Competence: Excels in guard position; aggressive pursuit of submissions
- Activity: Competes and instructs, influencing BJJ's growth
- Year: Active as of 2023
Craig Jones has become a pivotal name in competitive Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, extensively known for his signature leg lock maneuvers. His versatile skill set extends beyond his specialty, showcasing a formidable guard and an assertive approach to submissions. As he continues to spar and share his knowledge, Jones plays a key role in the progressive shaping of the grappling world.
Craig Jones's Marital Status
- Name: Craig Jones
- Profession: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner
- Marital Status: Not publicly disclosed
Craig's personal companionship details haven't been splashed across headlines or social media. This Australian BJJ ace lets his accomplishments in the martial arts community shine, rather than his love life.
CRAIG JONES AND HIS EXCLUSION FROM UFC MATCHES
- Focus: Primarily competes in grappling tournaments.
- Achievements: Acclaimed in events like ADCC & Polaris.
- UFC Status: Has not competed in UFC events.
- Specialty: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and submission grappling.
Craig Jones's BJJ Beginning
- Age at Start: Began at 15
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Rise to Fame: Advanced from local competitions to international recognition
- Specialty: Noted for pioneering leg lock techniques
Craig Jones' Competition Division
- Competes in Middle-Heavyweight category (<88 kg)
- Height: approximately 6 feet
- Notable for:
- High-level technique
- Innovative leg locks
- Excels among elite competitors in his division
Craig Jones's Earnings from BJJ
- Competitions: Jones has accrued a notable amount of prize money.
- Instructionals: His teaching videos are in high demand.
- Seminars: Fees for his expert-led sessions contribute significantly.
- Sponsorships: Likely endorsements boost his financial profile.
Craig Jones has seen substantial earnings within the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu community. Thanks to his skill both on the mats and as an instructor, his bank account is as robust as his reputation.
Craig Jones Grappling Record
- 2019: Champion at the World No-Gi Championship
- Notable wins against high-ranking opponents across various tournaments
- Consistent top-tier performances, including strong showings at ADCC and Eddie Bravo Invitational contests
- Recognized for his technical prowess and strategic mastery on the mat
Craig Jones' Origins
Hometown: Adelaide, South Australia
Sport: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Transitioned from local to global BJJ icon.
- Currently represents Australian BJJ on the international stage.
Craig Jones's Rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Rank: Black Belt
- Sport: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ)
Craig Jones, an esteemed Australian practitioner of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, holds the sport's pinnacle rank, the black belt. His proficiency and dedication were honed at Maromba Academia under the mentorship of Lachlan Giles, another illustrious figure in the BJJ and ADCC circuits. This rank signifies his deep understanding and technical skill in BJJ.
CRAIG JONES STATS
- Victories: Noteworthy for success in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ).
- Rear-Naked Choke (RNC)
- Heel Hook
- Reverse Triangle